Radio Frequency (RF) Therapy, also known as Transurethral Needle Ablation (TUNA), is an in-office therapy utilizing targeted, low-level radio frequency energy that produces heat to effectively shrink the prostate tissue, allowing men to urinate more normally.
RF therapy is an excellent alternative for men who do not wish to take daily medications for the long-term and who wish to avoid the side effects and costs associated with many medications.
Advantages of RF Therapy:
- In-office, safe and effective procedure.
- Fast, long lasting relief from BPH symptoms.
- Minimal side effects.
- Precision of energy waves treat only the targeted area.
- Urinary tract infection (UTI).
- Temporary obstruction (blockage).
- Temporary pain or bleeding may occur but typically ceases withing a few weeks.