We offer patients a comprehensive evaluation in a comfortable and discrete setting. Each patient is given individualized and personal attention including:
- A complete diagnostic work-up
- Pertinent education on your condition
- A treatment plan tailored to your individual needs
- We have a wide variety of services and treatment options, including the latest medications, minimally invasive outpatient procedures and surgical options.
Diagnostic Techniques Offered at the continence center
- Urinalysis and Urine Culture: Determines any existing abnormalities such as urinary tract infections, blood in your urine and early detection of damage to your kidneys.
- Radiological studies: Identifies the presence of abnormalities by X-raying the genitourinary tract.
- Uroflow: Measures the flow of the urine stream and helps assess the ability of the bladder to empty.
- Bladder scan: Non-invasive ultrasound test that assesses the ability of the bladder to empty.
- Cystoscopy: Utilization of a small telescope to look inside the bladder. This is a minimally invasive outpatient procedure which lasts less than five minutes. It allows us to assess your bladder for stones, tumors, signs of obstruction or other abnormalities that may cause your symptoms.
Download our Patient's Guide to Cystoscopy Here
- Urodynamics: Outpatient diagnostic tests performed by Chesapeake Urology's experienced and specially-trained urodynamicists. Urodynamics helps determine the cause of bladder symptoms and allows us to recommend the appropriate therapy for each individual.