PlasmaButton™ vaporization is a minimally invasive surgical option for treating BPH and removing prostate tissue that blocks the flow of urine. Unlike the more traditional TURP procedure (see below), PlasmaButton Vaporization removes prostate tissue more gently using low temperature plasma energy.
How PlasmaButton Vaporization Works
- PlasmaButton vaporization gently vaporizes the prostate tissue with a small button-shaped electrode.
- Using low-voltage energy, a plasma field coats the "button" and prostate tissue in contact with this plasma field is vaporized.
- The surgeon uses a unique hovering technique so there is virtually no direct contact needed between the Button and tissue.
- This advanced Button not only vaporizes the enlarged tissue, it also coagulates the remaining healthy tissue, leaving a smooth surface.
Benefits of PlasmaButton Vaporization
- Provides a maximum degree of safety while being as effective as the current standard treatment option.
- Long lasting results.
- Less bleeding.
- Quicker recovery and minimal post-operative pain compared to other surgical treatment options.
- Short post-operative hospital stay.
- Quick return to normal activities.
Potential Side Effects
Like any minimally invasive surgical procedure, there may be some risks associated with the PlasmaButton surgery. Potential side effects may include:
- Blood in the urine .
- Cramping in the bladder or an urgent need to urinate.
- Frequent urination, burning sensation.
Talk to your urologist about whether PlasmaButton Vaporization is the right treatment option for you. More about this minimally invasive procedure can be found at www.plasmabutton.com.